A common question people ask is why use a realtor? It’s easy enough to find homes online and attend open houses. Do I really need a realtor to help me buy a house?
Here are some of the best reasons to use a realtor:
1. Adovocacy. I work for you. When you hire me to represent you, I do everything in my power to fight for your best interests.
2. Professional knowledge of real estate regulations. I am closely involved in the ever-changing rules and standard practices that come with buying & selling real estate in McLean County, Illinois.
3. Intimate knowledge of the local market. I have watched the Bloomington-Normal real estate market ebb and flow for over 12 years. This gives me an edge in negotiating your purchase price.
Seven main roles of your real estate agent
– Educates you about your market.
– Analyzes your wants and needs.
– Guides you to homes that fit your criteria.
– Coordinates the work of other needed professionals.
– Negotiates on your behalf.
– Checks and double-checks paperwork and deadlines.
– Solves any problems that may arise.
Qualifications are important. However, finding a solid, professional agent means getting beyond the resume, and into what makes an agent effective. Use the following questions as your starting point in hiring your licensed, professional real estate agent.
Eight important questions to ask your agent:
1. Why did you become a real estate agent?
2. Why should I work with you?
3. What do you do better than other real estate agents?
4. What process will you use to help me find the right home for my particular wants and needs?
5. What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction and how would you handle them?
6. What are some mistakes that you think people make when buying their first home?
7. What other professionals do you suggest we work with and what are their credentials?
8. Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?